Vigil held in Beach to educate citizens about dangers of domestic violence
It was a night of remembrance for victims of domestic violence.
Monday night’s vigil, sponsored by the Samaritan House, was held at town center in Virginia Beach.
Organizers hope the vigil helps educate people about domestic violence here in Hampton Roads and across the country.
Mayors from Chesapeake and Virginia Beach were both in attendance showing their support.
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize