Student Athlete of the Week: Curtis Stallings
Meet Curtis Stallings. Curtis is a senior at Grassfield High School. He`s also the captain of his volleyball team.
He`ll tell you he`s a pretty good player, but just how good is he?
He got a call from Alan Knipe, the U.S. Olympic volleyball coach.
Alan would like Curtis to come to his school, Long Beach State, for an official visit. He also piqued the interest of the reigning NCAA champions in UC Irvine. To get calls like this is like a football player getting a call to play at Alabama. He`s that good.
Curtis has only been playing volleyball for four years.
With all this attention comes pressure. How does the senior handle it? What will he miss the most when his playing days are over at Grassfield?
As an honor roll student for the past three years, Curtis knows one thing: where ever he decides to go, getting a degree in business is top priority.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million
- Owner of Chesapeake nail salon shot during robbery