Chesapeake man says he was forced into his home and robbed at gunpoint
Undra Hyman was smoking a cigarette Wednesday morning just after midnight.
“I see two guys walk past. I don’t pay him no mind,” Hyman said.
Just as he was about to step back inside for the night, the men came back.
“This time they came from the side right here, and came right through the bushes right here, and put a gun in my face and told me to get in the house,” Hyman said.
They forced him into his first-floor apartment, all while his wife was sleeping in the next room.
“If she would have come out and they would have pointed the gun at her, or said something to her, I probably would have got shot,” Hyman said.
The 45-year-old worried what they were planning on doing to him.
“‘If you don’t get down, I’m going to shoot you,’” Hyman explained what the robbers said to him.
He says one of the men smacked him in the back of the head when he refused to get down.
With a gun pointed at him, somehow Hyman wasn’t fearing death.
“I was told years ago I was gonna die before I was 21, that was when I was 14. I’m here, I’m 45 now, so it wasn’t time for me to go yet,” said Hyman.
They emptied out his pockets, taking a few hundred dollars, his cell phone and wallet.
“Everything I have is gone. I have nothing,” Hyman said. “I got to start everything over again.”
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage