Honeybees infected by parasitic fly
There are zombies on the loose in Washington State , Zombie Bees!
These honeybees are infected by a parasitic fly that makes them leave the hive at night – which is very unusual.
One beekeeper put the dead bees in bags and sent them to a research lab.
The scientists confirmed that the bees were killed by the egg laying flies.
Experts say the flies have been infecting other species for years, but this is the first time they’ve gone after honeybees.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize