Report: City worker finds body on slave trail
RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – Richmond police are conducting a death investigation, after the discovery of a body on the city’s Southside.
Investigators confirm that human remains were found Thursday afternoon at Ancarrow’s Landing. That’s located behind a water treatment plant across the James River from Rockett’s Landing.
Richmond police’s Gene Lepley said a city worker found the man’s body around 4 p.m. on the slave trail, not far from the parking lot.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize