Coast Guard medevacs cruise ship crewmember off of Hatteras
Portsmouth, Va. – The Coast Guard medevaced a 39-year-old crewmember from a cruise ship approximately 290 miles offshore of Hatteras Thursday evening.
The crew of the cruise ship Carnival Miracle called the Coast Guard via satellite phone at 6:30 p.m. requesting a medevac for a crewmember suffering from abdominal pains.
Air crews from Coast Guard Air Station Elizabeth City launched aboard an MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter and a HC-130 Hercules aircraft.
The Hercules crew provided radio and air cover while the Jayhawk crew hoisted the crewmember and took him to Pitt County Memorial Hospital in Greenville, N.C.
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Two FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia Beach
- 911 calls released after man is dragged under car for miles
- $1 Million Powerball ticket sold in Virginia