Teddy Bear Clinic teaches kids about healthcare
Kids had an opportunity this past weekend to learn about healthcare – while playing with toys.
On Saturday, September 22 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., the Virginia Zoo partnered with doctors and nurses from Pediatric Specialists, a Children’s Medical Group Practice of CHKD, to host a special Teddy Bear Clinic.
Children were invited to bring their teddy bears and other stuffed friends to the Zoo for a “check-up” and stitches.
The kids learned about doctor visits and healthcare in a comfortable and non-threatening environment.
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Hampton man who died after being placed in emergency custody identified