New ID scanning program to start at Naval Station Norfolk
You’re going to need some extra patience when getting onto Naval Station Norfolk.
New ID scanners could mean longer lines.
Gate personnel will scan the IDs, but they will still use current protocols when determining if someone can come on the base.
That way, people will have a chance to fix IDs before the system is fully incorporated.
The program starts Monday and runs through the end of October.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bomber in Orlando, reports say
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado