USS Enterprise to inactivate after 51 years
December 1st is when the Navy will say goodbye to the USS Enterprise.
After more than 50 years of service, the aircraft carrier will be taken out of active duty.
When it was commissioned in 1961, it was the world’s first nuclear-powered aircraft carrier.
The Enterprise served in nearly every major conflict from the Cuban Missile Crisis to their current mission in the Middle East.
The ceremony will be open to the public, but you’ll need tickets.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize