VDOT contractor continues to recover after being hit by vehicle
A VDOT contractor that had to have his leg amputated after a suspected drunk driver hit him on I-264 is now recovering.
The wreck caused a huge back-up on Friday morning in Norfolk near the Broad Creek Bridge.
19-year-old Luis Avaizaga-Torres was picking up cones when a driver slammed into the back of his work truck pinning him under it.
He’s now listed in fair condition after having a leg amputated at the scene.
- Two FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia Beach
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man dragged under car for four miles in James City County
- $1 Million Powerball ticket sold in Virginia
- BREAKING: Officer shoots, kills suspect at Wells Fargo in Norfolk; another suspect in custody