Police: Man hit by car while mowing grass in Virginia Beach
According to Jimmy Barnes of the Virginia Beach Police Department, officials recieved a call around 11 a.m. Monday morning regarding a man that was hit while cutting grass.
Police say a witness said the man was hit while mowing grass along Independence Boulevard. It happened at 250 Independence Boulevard at the eastbound exit ramp.
Police say no charges have been made in the accident. They say the driver of the vehicle that hit the man did stop after the accident happened.
The man was transported to Virginia Beach General Hospital, and is expected to recover.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates as they become available.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods