Norfolk man shot and killed in Chesapeake
Chesapeake police are working to find more details on a shooting that left one man dead over the weekend.
On September 16, 2012 at 11:50 a.m., police responded to Chesapeake Regional Medical Center regarding a person who was brought in and declared “dead on arrival.”
Police say the person had sustained a gunshot wound to his neck.
Officials say the person who brought the victim to the hospital reportedly had no information on where the shooting happened, or any other details about how the victim was shot. He told police he found the victim after he had been shot, and decided to bring him to the hospital for medical treatment.
The victim has been identified as 24-year-old Brandon Peller, of the 500 block of West 27th Street in Norfolk.
Anyone with information about this crime is encouraged to call, text, or submit an online tip to the Chesapeake Crime Line.
NewsChannel 3 will post updates as they are released.
- 2 million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen in massive hack, report says
- VB Navy SEAL arrested for selling military weapons, ammunition
- UPDATE: Train derailment near Princess Anne Road and Ballentine Blvd. in Norfolk
- Chesterfield teen charged with sexually abusing pregnant pit bull
- Video: Utah Jazz mascot gets revenge on fan who poured beer over his head