Naval Installations Command starts free program to help with military housing issues
NewsChannel 3 is getting even more results when it comes to mold and maintenance issues in military housing.
The new head of Naval Installations Command is starting a free program to help resolve issues with on- and off-base housing.
NewsChannel 3′s investigation inside privatized military housing as well as inside barracks on base caught the attention of Vice Admiral Bill French.
In the past, local Navy housing offices rarely got involved in complaints with a private company, but now they will be required to.
If a health or safety issue arises while living in barracks or privatized housing – like mold – the Navy Housing Service Center will have to help each military family until a solution is found.
If nothing can be resolved with companies like Lincoln Military Housing, then the office will help you find another place to live.
They are asking everyone who still suspects a health and safety condition in their home, to report it to their chain of command, or to the on-base housing office.
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- Witness reveals ‘The Crocodile Hunter’ Steve Irwin’s last words
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen