NFL pulls replacement official from Saints-Panthers game for being Saints fan
Brian Stropolo in a photo from his Facebook page
The NFL removed a replacement official assigned to today’s New Orleans-Carolina game after the league was made aware that he was a Saints fan.
ESPN initially reported to the league that side judge Brian Stropolo was a fan of the Saints and posed in photos on his Facebook page wearing Saints apparel and tailgating at an Aug. 25 preseason game.
Stropolo’s Facebook page has since been taken down.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS