Police make arrest in fatal Tidewater Drive shooting
Hampton police helped make an arrest in a shooting that happened Friday afternoon on Tidewater Drive near Goff Street in Norfolk.
According to police 31-year-old Darnell Clark, was driving along Tidewater Drive when a black Cadillac Escalade pulled up next to him and one of the occupants inside shot Clark. Clark then turned on Goff Street and went two blocks before hitting a parked car and crashing into bushes.
When investigators arrived they pronounced him dead at the scene.
Witnesses were able to help Norfolk police identify the suspect, 32-year-old Reginald Beale. He was located in the city of Hampton by police there and arrested without incident. Beale is being charged with Murder and Use of a Firearm.
Police are still investigating and pursing several leads on more suspects. The motive is still unknown at this time, but police say it was not a random shooting, that Clark and Beale were acquaintances.
Anyone with information on this murder is asked to contact the Norfolk Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Father and son among three arrested in Kitty Hawk drug investigation
- Family, friends gather to remember two girls killed in Ahoskie fire; two others injured
- South Carolina mother drives van filled with kids into ocean