Hampton police identify suspect in homicide
Police in Hampton have identified a suspect from a homicide that happened last week on Pacific Drive.
Last Thursday police responded to the first block of Pacific Drive and found 52-year-old Sam Small inside his house with a gunshot wound to his chest. He was taken to the hospital but died from his injuries Friday evening.
Hampton police say that Small and the suspect, 23-year-old Davon Brooks, were involved in an argument in he house when Brooks pulled out a gun and shot him.
Police are now looking for Brooks. His last known address is in the 1100 block of Jebbs Place in Newport News. Police have warrants on him for one count of Homicide, one count of Use of a Firearm in Commission of a Felony and one count of Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon.
If you have seen him, or have any information on his whereabouts you are asked to call the Hampton Police Division at 727-6111 or Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. You will remain anonymous and could be eligible for a possible reward.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- Virginia Beach residents angered by early-morning reverse 911 call