University bomb threat prompts evacuations in Texas, officials say
By the CNN Wire Staff
(CNN) — The University of Texas at Austin was evacuated Friday due to a bomb threat, police and university officials said Friday.
“Immediately evacuate ALL buildings and get as far away as possible,” said the alert on the school’s website.
“It was a general bomb threat on campus,” a campus police spokesman said. “We are evacuating all buildings to ensure everyone’s safety.”
Details of the threat were not immediately available.
About 51,000 students attend the flagship university, which is located in central Texas.
™ & © 2012 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Family furious over reports of exploitation of Disney disability treatment
- Update: 42 sticks of dynamite found in Beach storage shed
- Two-vehicle collision causes gas station fire in Hampton
- Pilothouse audio released from USS Porter's collision with supertanker
- Beach-based SEAL killed in Fort Knox training accident identified