Kristen Crowley: Major bridge and tunnel closures this weekend
The HRBT I-64 East and the James River Bridge 17 South are closed to all traffic.
The only route to the Southside from the Peninsula will be I-664 Southbound over the Monitor Merrimac Memorial Bridge Tunnel I-664 Southbound.
Once you cross the M&M I-664 South, you have three options towards the Beach, Chesapeake, and Norfolk. Keep in mind all of these routes take you across a major Bridge or Tunnel:
1) Western Freeway towards Norfolk, through the Midtown Tunnel, then follow Brambleton to 264 East.
2) 264 East up through the Downtown Tunnel and over the Berkley Bridge continuing to the Beach
3) 664 South to 64 West, over the High Rise Bridge and then 264 East towards Virginia Beach
Everything will reopen on Monday morning by 5:00 a.m.
Download Our Beat The Traffic app to plan your route and watch the LED VDOT signs for delays and updates.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel