Woman falls into large hole at construction site in Chesapeake
According to officials with the Chesapeake Fire Department, a woman in her early 40s fell into a large hole at a construction site just after 5 p.m. Thursday. She was still in the hole when crews arrived on the scene in the 1300 block of Stewart Street.
Officials say the hole was about 6 or 7 feet deep.
She was rescued and transported to Norfolk General.
They say her injuries do not appear to be life-threatening.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- At least 24 killed in mammoth tornado; more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder