Update: Security incident at Langley AFB now clear
Officials say Langley Air Force Base emergency responders have searched and cleared a suspicious vehicle at the base’s vehicle search area.
The intersection of Sweeney Blvd. and Armistead Ave. has also been opened by the Hampton police department.
The situation began when an Air Force security forces explosive detection dog alerted to a vehicle at the base’s vehicle search area around noon today during a routine vehicle inspection.
They say the driver was initially detained for questioning by Langley security forces, but has since been released.
The event remains under investigation.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more information.
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Suffolk mom sentenced to month in jail after mooning bus full of kids
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Councilman questions colleague, 'You should be on the side of black folks'