Man wanted for armed robbery of discount store in Hampton
Hampton police are searching for a man they say robbed a Family Dollar store over the weekend.
It happened around 9:30 p.m. on Sunday, September 9, 2012, police say.
According to officials, the suspect walked into the Family Dollar store located in the 900 block of Aberdeen Road, and displayed a handgun, demanding cash. Two clerks ran towards the rear end of the store, and did not comply with the suspect’s demands. Police say the suspect then ran away from the business.
The suspect was last seen running southbound on Aberdeen Road.
Reports say the suspect is described as a black male, about 5’7, with a heavy build. He was last seen wearing a teal t-shirt, dark colored shorts, black shoes, brown gloves, and a dark colored hat. Police say he was wearing a fake beard to try to hide his identity.
Anyone with information that will help police is encouraged to contact the Hampton Police Division at 757-727-6111, or the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
Crime Line callers remain anonymous and never appear in court.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for updates, as they are released.
- Cargo ship runs aground in high winds off Virginia Beach
- UPDATE: Police identify two children dead after multi-vehicle crash in Sandbridge
- Rapper Andre Johnson severs penis, jumps off building, but survives
- Which Hampton Roads city is the cheapest for your family?
- VIDEO: Why it's not a good idea to take selfies with moving trains