Update: Summerfield indicted in Dare County
Update: Today, a jury in Dare County returned a True Bill of indictment for first-degree murder on Summerfield for the murder of Lynn Jackenheimer.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
A grand jury hearing is scheduled in North Carolina for Nate Summerfield.
The Ohio man is charged with killing his ex-girlfriend, Lynn Jackenheimer, on Hatteras Island on the Fourth of July.
Summerfield, pictured above in the back of the Sheriff’s car, was returned to Dare County last month.
Summerfield is currently locked up at the Dare County Detention Center.
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Hampton man who died after being placed in emergency custody identified
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch