50-year-old man killed in hit-and-run accident on I-564
A 50-year-old man was killed in a hit-and-run accident on I-564 early Saturday morning.
The accident occurred at the southbound Terminal Boulevard exit ramp when James W. Keith Jr., attempted to exit the ramp, dropped the bike and fell off.
Another rider with Mr. Keith, attempted to help Mr. Keith up from the pavement when a dark colored 4-door vehicle ran over him.
Mr. Keith died at the scene and the driver of the unknown vehicle continued without stopping.
State police say the unknown vehicle is a dark colored 4 door Chevrolet Cobalt, 2005 to 2010 model vehicle.
Anyone with information on the driver or vehicle that left the scene is asked to contact the Virginia State Police.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS