13 year old Texas girl drives 700 miles to Kentucky to meet online boyfriend
A missing 13-year-old girl has been found safe, though 700 miles away from home. It turns out the Texas teen had gotten into an argument with her parents about a boy she met online via Xbox and decided to run away. She snuck out her bedroom window, took her brother’s car, and set out for Kentucky to meet up with her 12-year-old beau, reports the Houston Chronicle.
A Tennessee state trooper pulled over the girl in Nashville after he noticed her car matched the description in an Amber Alert. Though a few years away from getting her learner’s permit, she somehow managed to navigate 700 miles cross-country. (She still had another 130 or so miles to go.) “It’s amazing she was able to manipulate the roadways,” says one officer. She was released to her parents to this morning, and no charges are expected to be filed.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize