Newport News, Va. – Ten men were arrested on August 31 in part of a prostitution crackdown operation by the Newport News police department.
Members of the Newport News Police Department’s Community Response Teams and the Organized Crime Division targeted men soliciting prostitution in the 10100 block of Jefferson Avenue.
Nine of the men were charged with soliciting prostitution and using a vehicle to promote prostitution:
- Taylor Harrison Franks, 22, of the 100 block of Center Avenue in Newport News
- Michael Royal Ivens, 37, of the 300 block of Main Street in Smithfield
- Phillip Lee Keys, 55, of the 800 block of Weymouth Terrace in Hampton
- Ricky Cornelius Lewis, 48, of the first block of Bruins Way in Hampton
- Freddy Lozano, 28, of the 500 block of Randolph Road in Newport News
- Don Alan Mullins, 24, of the first block of Maney Drive in Newport News (also charged with resisting arrest)
- Louis Leander Slayton, 40, of the 400 block of Turlington Road in Newport News
- Paul Steven Willis, 38, of the first block of Salisbury Way in Hampton
- Roconie Dvorak Winston, 39, of the 600 block of Antrim Drive in Newport News
Anthony M. Robertson, Jr., 29, of the 116500 block of Gallahad Court in Cincinnati, Ohio was charged with: Soliciting prostitution, reckless driving, obstruction of justice, driving without a license, and evade and elude police.
Information regarding suspected prostitution activities or any other criminal activity may be reported to police by calling Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP. Crime Line callers may remain totally anonymous, are never required to testify in court and could be eligible for a cash reward for information that leads to an arrest. Information may also be sent by text message to firstname.lastname@example.org.