Ostriches join Africa-Okavango Delta exhibit at Virginia Zoo
Though they normally can be found walking on solid ground, ostriches can swim quite well, zoo officials say.
The Virginia Zoo added two new female ostriches to the Africa – Okavango Delta exhibit in July.
Guests can visit them and other animals new to the Zoo this summer, including a baby siamang, two new Hartmann’s mountain zebras, and three African crowned crane chicks. (Virginia Zoo photo by Kiara Warren.)
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Suffolk mom sentenced to month in jail after mooning bus full of kids
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Councilman questions colleague, 'You should be on the side of black folks'