Travis Manion Foundation 9/11 Heroes Run to be held this weekend
An event near and dear to our hearts here at NewsChannel 3 is this weekend.
It’s the 5k run, the Travis Manion Foundation 9/11 Heroes Run.
Travis Manion and his best friend Brendon Looney were warriors.
Their friendship forged in the Naval Academy. Manion went on to become a Marine, Looney a Navy SEAL.
Sadly, they were both killed in action. But their bond continues as they lay in rest side by side in Arlington.
This 9/11 event honors their spirit while at the same time it honors all who put on a uniform—military or public service.
The Heroes Run is this weekend at Mount Trashmore. You will see many of us from NewsChannel 3 there.
There’s a 5k and a one-mile fun run.
There’s still time for you to help support the Travis Manion Foundation.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?