Navy wants your feedback on possible landing site
The Navy is looking for the public’s feedback on where to put a field carrier landing practice site.
The site would be used for up to 20,000 passes a year – many landings happening from 10 p.m. until 7 a.m. each day.
The two final sites are the Emporia-Greensville Regional Airport and the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center’s at Wallops Island.
People interested in the project are encouraged to give their feedback by emailing NAVFAC email@example.com
You may provide comments within the public comment period from September 6 until October 5, 2012.
A site near the Franklin Municipal Airport had been considered, but back in Februrary of 2011 the Franklin City Council voted against the Navy’s proposal.
- Family furious over reports of exploitation of Disney disability treatment
- Update: 42 sticks of dynamite found in Beach storage shed
- Two-vehicle collision causes gas station fire in Hampton
- Pilothouse audio released from USS Porter's collision with supertanker
- Beach-based SEAL killed in Fort Knox training accident identified