Take action to fight hunger
According to Foodbankonline.org, September is Hunger Action Month, when the Feeding America network of more than 200 food banks unite to urge individuals to take action in their communities.
How can you help? It’s easy.
We’re asking you to simply ‘Speak Out Against Hunger’ this September.
Why speak out? Because 1 out of every 4 people in the Foodbank of Southeastern’s Virgina service area struggles with hunger and often does so in silence. They live in our community; they are our neighbors, our co-workers, and our friends, yet their struggles can go unheard. By simply lending your voice, you can make a tangible contribution to mobilizing the public in the fight to end hunger.
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Suffolk mother sentenced after mooning bus full of kids
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars