Coast Guard Cutter Forward returns to Hampton Roads
The Coast Guard Cutter Forward is back in Hampton Roads after seizing more than 116 million dollars in drugs.
In the first bust, they arrested 12 suspected smugglers and seized more than 5,300 pounds of cocaine.
More than 4,100 pounds of cocaine was found in the second bust.
The busts were part of Operation Martillo which is Spanish for hammer.
Last month the USS Nicholas off loaded more than four tons of cocaine the ship seized during the same operation.
The drugs were off loaded at Naval Station Mayport before the ship returned to Norfolk.
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Suffolk mother sentenced after mooning bus full of kids