Police search for two people as murder victim’s family waits for answers
Virginia Beach, Va. – Laurie Escobar’s family members say she was all smiles and full of life.
Jeanne Hecker, her aunt, says “Her mother is on the verge of insanity. It’s bad enough that your child is taken and you’re left with five grandchildren.”
Escobar was found murdered in an apartment complex on 16th Street near the Oceanfront a couple of weeks ago.
Beach Police have been looking for James Brooks and Christina Nuguid Bowdoin – they believe the two may know something about Escobar’s murder.
At this point, her family has no idea who would want to murder their loved one.
Hecker adds, “Laurie was a very meek person. She wasn’t a tough person, she couldn’t fight her way out of a paper bag.”
Hecker admits to NewsChannel 3 that Escobar did have a troubled past with drug addiction. But she says she had put all of that behind her for the sake of her children.
And as if losing a loved one wasn’t bad enough, Hecker says immediately after Escobar’s death someone began posting on her Facebook page, using her account.
Hecker says, “We were in the middle of private sympathy and you’ve got a nut with her cell phone saying, Hey call me! Send me a picture of you!”
While police are looking into Escobar’s missing cell phone, the search continues for Brook and Nuguid Bowdoin.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between two cars
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder
- Two-mile-wide tornado kills at least 51, including 7 elementary school students