Man killed in I-64 crash identified
A soldier was killed in a crash that shut down I-64 westbound on Monday night.
The victim has been identified as 29-year-old Nathan Robinson.
State Troopers say Robinson was driving a motorcycle near the J Clyde Morris Boulevard exit when he tried to speed across multiple lanes.
They say he hit a Jeep Cherokee and ran into a guard rail.
He died at the scene.
The interstate was closed for three hours while officials investigated.
State Troopers had to re-route traffic making a U-turn lane and having cars get off at the Hampton Roads Center Parkway exit.
The road re-opened just before 11 p.m. Monday night.
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom