Man killed in I-64 crash identified
A soldier was killed in a crash that shut down I-64 westbound on Monday night.
The victim has been identified as 29-year-old Nathan Robinson.
State Troopers say Robinson was driving a motorcycle near the J Clyde Morris Boulevard exit when he tried to speed across multiple lanes.
They say he hit a Jeep Cherokee and ran into a guard rail.
He died at the scene.
The interstate was closed for three hours while officials investigated.
State Troopers had to re-route traffic making a U-turn lane and having cars get off at the Hampton Roads Center Parkway exit.
The road re-opened just before 11 p.m. Monday night.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified