Update: Missing woman found in Poquoson
Police say she stayed there overnight with a friend who was unaware that the police were looking for her. She has now been reunited with her family, according to Police Chief Clifford T. Bowen. of the Poquoson Police Department.
The Poquoson Police Department needs your help to find a missing person.
They are looking for 23-year-old Lindsey Leigh Hayes.
They say Hayes walked away from her home, located in the 700 block of Poquoson Avenue, sometime before 7:00 a.m. She has diminished cognitive ability due to a brain disorder and she may need assistance.
She is described as a white female, 5’ 4” inches tall and weighs approximately 140 lbs. She has brown hair and hazel eyes. She is known to frequent Shady Oaks Mobile Home Park located at 214 Wythe Creek Road in Poquoson. She also frequents the McDonald’s Restaurants located on 431 Wythe Creek Road in Poquoson and 9 Semple Farm Road in the City of Hampton.
Officials say an officer may have spotted her at a bus stop at the intersection of Pocahontas Trail and Church Street at around 2:30 p.m. Thursday afternoon.
The Poquoson Police Department is asking anyone with information on the whereabouts of Hayes to contact their local police department or the non-emergency line for York-Poquoson-Williamsburg Emergency 911 Center at 757-890-3621.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel