Report: Fort Lee soldier’s custody case goes to the U.S. Supreme Court
Petersburg, Va. (WTVR) – Sgt. 1st Class Sergeant Jeff Chafin has spent the last 14 years serving our country, but the struggle to get his daughter, 5 year-old Eris, back home to the United States takes an even greater toll.
“She’s my life, you know? I mean this whole thing is that she’s my child,” he said.
In 2007, Chafin married Eris’ mother, Lynn. But, two years later, Lynn was deported and took Eris with her.
And, after a U.S. District Court judge ruled that Eris remain with her mother, Chafin has been battling with the courts to get her back.
- FBI agent kills alleged friend of Boston bombers in Orlando
- Woman and roommate accused of trying to cause miscarriage
- Gay Florida teenager faces charges over her underage girlfriend
- Suffolk mother sentenced after mooning bus full of kids
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars