Job Title: Executive Producer
Reports To: News Director, Assistant News Director
Purpose/reason for this Position:
The primary focus of the Executive Producer is the on-air look and overall execution of the newscasts
Coaches Producers to:
- Write News Stories: Consistently write compelling, clear, news stories and teases, making max. use of video, graphics and live shots, etc to achieve superb story telling
- Understand utilization of Meter strategy to accomplish growth in ratings
- Successfully Produce 1 or more Newscasts Daily: Newscasts are completed flawlessly and meet all deadlines prior to air, including timing of newscast changes as needed
- Utilization of Graphics: Able to create appropriate graphics to help explain and showcase stories while using station branding, and enhance storytelling by use and placement
- Suggestion & Development of Story Ideas: Coordinates with team to develop story ideas and offers innovative suggestions for story coverage, understands newscast audience make-up
- Timing of Newscasts and Managing Change: Able to successfully construct and time a run-down and ensure that all components (general news stories, live shots, graphics) are in place; able to manage changes (including moving live-shots, updating stories, and adding breaking news) while the newscast is on the air
Other Management duties:
- Produce newscasts and/or breaking news coverage
- Understand new technologies and be able to explain them to staff
- Use social media
- Recommend individuals for hiring in the news department
- Oversees special projects, including elections
- Participates with the news director and assistant news director in planning and monitoring department goals
Minimum Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
Ability to type, use computers, and other such equipment. Command of the language. Ability to work under extreme pressure and deadlines. Must possess a valid State Driver’s License (or be able to get one).
A minimum of two years WORK experience.
Dexterity to operate computer and other such equipment. Communications skills used in office setting.
INTERNAL CONTACTS: EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
All departments Station Community and Business Leaders
Statement about Other Duties:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.
Send Resume to: Tina.Luque-Blacklocke@wtkr.com 720 Boush Street, Norfolk, VA 23510
WTKR-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- ‘Super’ exercise helps mom lose 110 pounds
- Jailhouse phone recordings sink bond chances in Chris Pardee case
- The missing Malaysia Airlines flight: What we know and don’t know
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- ‘Little hero’ uses Facetime to save his mom