Dog perishes in Norfolk house fire
Fire crews responded to a house fire in Norfolk Thursday morning.
According to Norfolk Fire Captain Mike Hicks, crews put out a fire at a home in the 600 block of Muskogee Avenue. Units arrived this morning in response to smoke and fire visible to a single family home.
When firefighters arrived, the residents of the home had gotten out of the house, but some pets were left behind.
Officials say one dog perished in the fire.
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- Mom forces bullying daughter to don thrift store threads
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS; 24 killed, more bodies expected
- Virginia Beach man charged with wife's murder