Update: Man shoots his wife, then himself in Newport News
A man in Newport News is accused of shooting his wife – then turning the gun on himself.
Newport News police have now identified that man as 38-year-old Clarence Bishop.
He died at the hospital around 11 p.m. Tuesday night, according to police.
Police first learned about the fight at 10:48 p.m. Tuesday night. They say Bishop and his wife got into a fight inside their home in the 200 block of White Water Drive, when he shot her and then himself. The wife’s injuries are life threatening.
Police say the woman’s 18-year-old son and the couple’s 13-year-old daughter were home at the time.
The woman is now listed in good condition according to police.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?