Judge in Trayvon Martin case to step down
Zimmerman is charged with murder in the February death of teenager Trayvon Martin.
His defense team wanted Seminole County Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester removed because they said he used “disparaging” language against Zimmerman in a bail order last month.
The Fifth District Court of Appeal granted Zimmerman’s request Wednesday, and Lester must now step down.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS