Beach man injured in vehicle propane explosion
Investigators with the Beach Fire Department say a man was critically injured when propane exploded in his vehicle in the 3200 block of Colchester Road.
They say two propane tanks were found in the back of the van.
When crews arrived, they say they found the van in flames and the man inside was severely burned.
The man was transported to the local burn center. Officials say he has life threatening injuries.
Officials are still investigating the ignition source.
- Hampton Roads veterans still waiting up to 30 months for disability claims
- You're eating more calories than you think
- Dolphins surf new submarine's bow wave (video)
- Beach stabbing victim: 'The knife was just in my back, like a ninja' (Video)
- College student from Yorktown wins $1 million lottery prize