Man killed at Royal Blue nightclub indentified
According to Virginia Beach police spokesman Jimmy Barnes, police are investigating a homicide at Royal Blue nightclub in the 800 block of Baker Road.
Shortly before 1:00am Saturday, dispatch received a call that a man had collapsed on the dance floor.
Barnes says after further investigation by police and detectives, it was learned that the victim was hit on head by a beverage bottle.
The victim, who has been identified as 30-year-old Samuel Dawkins of the 1200 block of Glyndon Drive in Virginia Beach, was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced deceased.
Police do not have any suspects at this time and is asking anyone with information to call the Crime Line at 1-888-LOCK-U-UP.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Receipt profanity angers dad who took young son to sports bar
- Viral video: What’s behind the door?