Police: Dog attacks officer in Hampton home
According to Hampton police, an officer responded to a domestic call at around 4:30 on Friday at a home in the 1300 block of Bethel Blvd. When officers arrived, they say a pit bull was released from one of the rooms.
They say the officer was bitten on the thumb. The officer fired on the dog, but the pit bull was not hit.
Animal Control is on the scene to take control of the animal.
The dog will be quarantined to determine if it may be carrying any diseases.
Stay with NewsChannel 3 for more updates.
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Hampton man who died after being placed in emergency custody identified