Virginia voters will need to have ID to vote in November
Virginia voters will need their IDs when heading to the polls in November.
Today, the Justice Department approved the new requirement which means you will have to have one of several different forms of identification to vote.
There are several different IDs you can use like a license or passport.
You can also use a student ID from your college or university.
Other options include a utility bill, bank statement, government check or paycheck.
As long as it has your name and address on it, it will be approved.
If you don’t bring your ID, you will be able to vote. You just have to submit an ID within three days of the election.
- Update: State Police seek information from witnesses to crash that killed Virginia Beach teen
- Woman's body found on Yorktown Beach
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million