One dead, one injured in Accomack Co. shooting
Police are investigating after a shooting left one person dead, and one injured in Accomack County yesterday.
According to Sheriff Todd Godwin, on Monday, August 20 at approximately 10:21 p.m., the Accomack County Sheriff’s Office received a report from the Eastern Shore 911 Center in regards to shots fired in the Mappsville Trailer Park.
Police say one victim was approached by two black males outside of his home, when the victim was shot by the suspects.
A second victim was also shot at the residence during the incident, and the suspects ran away before deputies arrived.
One victim was pronounced dead at the scene; another victim was transported by Bloxom Ambulance to Riverside Shore Memorial Hospital and flown to Sentara Norfolk General, where officials say he is listed in stable condition.
The incident appears to have been the result of an attempted robbery, police say.
Anyone with information concerning this crime is asked to contact the Accomack County Sheriff’s Office at 757-787-1131 or 757-824-5666.
- Stolen passports raise possibility of terrorism in missing flight
- Mother accused of driving drunk with teen daughter in car
- Virginia Beach teen killed in six-car crash on I-64 in Hampton
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Bond for mom who drove van filled with kids into ocean set at $1.2 million