Romaine lettuce sold in VA & NC recalled
A Northern California produce supplier said Sunday it is voluntarily recalling romaine lettuce that was shipped to Virginia and North Carolina over fears about possible E. coli contamination.
Salinas-based Tanimura & Antle said the recall is limited to a single lot of its Field Fresh Wrapped Single Head Romaine that was available at retail stores starting Aug. 2. The lettuce is packed in a plastic bag with the UPC number 0-27918-20314-9, and it may have a “best by” date of Aug. 19.
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales