Customers help bring business back to Portsmouth record store
After decades in business, a Portsmouth record store is on the verge of closing.
With the help of a local DJ, today customers came out to shop, giving the store a boost in sales.
Broadway Records on George Washington Highway has been around for the past 21 years.
It was one of the few places in the seven cities still selling vinyl records.
With the increase of folks buying music digitally, business at the store took a huge hit, but today’s shopping blitz could help turn things around.
The store’s owner says a finally decision on whether to close the store could come by the end of this month.
- Man shot and killed after pinning James City County police officer between cars
- Inside the Moore tornado: What it looked like from a storm shelter (Video)
- Update: Police officer kills man at Norfolk Wells Fargo; deceased suspect identified
- 10 amazing photos of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado
- Oklahoma tornado rated an EF-5 by NWS