US Dept. of Interior working on Florida python problem
Burmese pythons are considered an invasive species in Florida. Scientists say they are not supposed to live there.
Now a group is studying what they say is the largest python to be discovered in the Everglades.
Researchers at the University of Florida say it measures 17 feet, seven inches long.
They say it weighs 165 pounds. They also say inside were a record 87 eggs.
The python will be studied by the US Department of the Interior for ways to control Florida’s python problem.
- Who would bully military wives online?
- Bullying or Fun? Military spouses go to battle over "Dependa" on Facebook
- Wait -- they found a gun hidden WHERE?!
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth reopens after several threats force evacuations
- UPDATE: Woman caught on camera stealing from baby's grave explains why she did it