NSU President gives State of the University Address
The president of Norfolk State University made school history on Tuesday.
He gave the first ever State of the University Address.
Dr. Tony Atwater spoke of last year’s accomplishments for the students and the school.
He also outlined some of the plans for this upcoming school year.
“My goal is not to stay in the same place. My goal is to take Norfolk State to a higher plane, and I am thinking working together with a great community, I think exciting things are on the way for Norfolk State.”
The school’s president also payed a tribute to State Senator Yvonne Miller, who died in July.
She was the state’s first African-American senator, and also the longest serving woman in the Virginia Senate.
She taught at Norfolk State University for years.
- Chrysler orders college to destroy rare pre-production Dodge Viper
- Woman's auto-bill payments hid her death for six years
- Prankster gives homeless man 'winning' lottery ticket
- Elizabeth City's "Operation Double Down" cracks down on illegal drug sales
- Baby holds ‘Call Me Maybe’ sign for Army dad meeting her for the first time