Update: Three people shot in apparent home invasion in Chesapeake
Chesapeake, Va. – Three people were shot in Chesapeake early Saturday in an incident that appears to have begun as a home invasion.
At approximately 2:45 am, Chesapeake Police received a call for a possible Home Invasion in the 1500 block of Walnut Avenue. While police were responding to the call, a second call for an injured person in the 600 block of Cardover Avenue came in.
When officers arrived at Cardover Avenue, they found three people who had been shot. Police say the two incidents appear to be related.
Police now say that the suspects involved in the shooting went to the home on Walnut Ave. to confront the victim. Two victims were assaulted. They say one of the victims shot all three of the suspects. Police also say the three suspects allegedly took property that belonged to the victim.
All three victims suffered minor non-life threatening injuries and Chesapeake police say they currently have suspects in custody.
Warrants were secured for robbery, malicious wounding and assault by mob.
The suspects have now been identified as James Cooper, 22 of the 1100 block of Ivy Stone Sq., Chesapeake, Brendan Graff, 22 of the 700 block of Dinwiddie Av., Richmond and Daniel James, 27 of the 10th block of Penn Cr., Newport News.
- Family furious over reports of exploitation of Disney disability treatment
- Update: 42 sticks of dynamite found in Beach storage shed
- Two-vehicle collision causes gas station fire in Hampton
- Beach-based SEAL killed in Fort Knox training accident identified
- Pilothouse audio released from USS Porter's collision with supertanker