Two in Elizabeth City charged with sex crimes involving a minor
Two people– including a man who is well-known in Elizabeth City– are both facing charges of sex crimes involving a young girl.
According to the indictments against the two people arrested, it all started about two years ago.
Leonard Outlaw, III and Susan Heidler both face charges that involve sex and inappropriate actions with a 15-year-old.
The indictments say sometime between August and September of 2010, Outlaw showed the girl pornographic photos.
Indictments also show that sometime after August of 2010, he committed lewd and lascivious acts with the girl. Then in May of 2011, the indictments say he had sex with the underage girl.
On the same day, the indictment shows Susan Heidler took what are described by the law as “indecent liberties” with the girl.
The indictments did not say where the crimes happened.
Leonard Outlaw, III is a well-known name in Elizabeth City, helping to organize and even taking part in the annual International Cup Regatta, a powerboat race in Pasquotank County.
The Daily Advance newspaper says Susan Heidler worked for and resigned from the department of social services twice. At one point, they report she investigated cases of abused children.
Both people are out on bond, but a trial date has not been set.
- Beach Police: Evening inbound Oceanfront access likely closed, limited this weekend
- Beach father on deadly Sandbridge crash: 'To see them in that condition is unbearable'
- Photo starts feeding frenzy over monster shark caught from Florida beach
- Norfolk Airport holds auction for items from lost and found
- Grandma charged after leaving 6 young grandchildren alone in motel