Report: Lightning kills fan after NASCAR race
One fan died and nine others were injured after a series of lightning strikes at Sunday’s Pennsylvania 400 NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Pocono Raceway in Long Pond, Pa., multiple media outlets reported.
Pocono spokesman Bob Pleban told USA Today that an unidentified fan was declared dead upon arriving at Pocono Medical Center. Nine other fans were injured, one in critical condition, and were taken to the hospital as a result of the storm that caused the race to be halted after 98 laps.
- 339 gallons of moonshine, 18 weapons seized from Danville ranch
- Home invasion, then a break-in at Chesapeake home
- Two charged after children found in padlocked camper in deplorable conditions
- Facebook comments may have led to at least one of the Eastern Shore arsons
- Portsmouth man accused of assaulting woman, leaving infant in woods